Contrasts between Christ and the Antichrist
1. In their respective Designations
1. One is called the Christ (Matt.16:16); the other the Antichrist (1 John 4:3).
2. One is called the Man of Sorrows (Isa.53:3); the other the Man of Sin (2:Thess.2:3).
3. One is called the Son of God (John 1:34); the other the Son of Perdition (2:Thess.2:3).
4. One is called the Seed of woman (Gen.3:15); the other the seed of the Serpent (Gen.3:15).
5. One is called the Lamb (Isa.53:7); the other the Beast (Rev.11:7).
6. One is called the Holy One (Mark 1:24); the other the Wicked One (2:Thess.2:8).
7. One is called the Truth (John 14:6); the other the Lie (John 8:44).
8. One is called the Prince of Peace (Isa.9:6); the other the wicked, profane Prince (Ezek.21:25).
9. One is called the glorious Branch (Isa.4:2); the other the abominable Branch (Isa.14:19).
10. One is called the Mighty Angel (Rev.10:1); the other is called the Angel of the Bottomless Pit (Rev.9:11).11. One is called the Good Shepherd (John 10:11); the other is called the Idol Shepherd (Zech.11:17).
12. One has for the number of His name (the gematria of "Jesus") 888; the other has for the number of his name 666 (Rev.13:18).
2. In their respective Careers
1. Christ came down from heaven (John 3:13); Antichrist comes up out of the bottomless pit (Rev.11:7).
2. Christ came in Another's Name (John 5:43); Antichrist will come in his own name (John 5:43).
3. Christ came to do the Father's will (John 6:38); Antichrist will do his own will (Dan.11:36).
4. Christ was energized by the Holy Spirit (Luke 4:14); Antichrist will be energized by Satan (Rev.13:4).
5. Christ submitted Himself to God (John 5:30); Antichrist defies God (2:Thess.2:4).
6. Christ humbled Himself (Phil.2:8); Antichrist exalts himself (Dan.11:37).
7. Christ honored the God of His fathers (Luke 4:16); Antichrist refuses to (Daniel 11:37).
8. Christ cleansed the temple (John 2:14, 16); the Antichrist defiles the temple (Matt.24:15).
9. Christ ministered to the needy (Isa.53:7); Antichrist robs the poor (Psa.10:8, 9).
10. Christ was rejected of men (Isa.53:7); Antichrist will be accepted by men (Rev.13:4).
11. Christ leadeth the flock (John 10:3); Antichrist leaveth the flock (Zech.11:17).
12. Christ was slain for the people (John 11:51); Antichrist slays the people (Isa.14:20).
13. Christ glorified God on earth (John 17:4), Antichrist blasphemes the name of God in heaven (Rev.13:6).
14. Christ was received up into heaven (Luke 24:51); Antichrist goes down into the Lake of Fire (Rev.19:20).